Ratava's Yogg-Saron Video

Ratava

Yo! Here's a Yogg-Saron Video I recorded last night, pretty clean run cept for me and shiki runing around like headless chickens in stage 1 :)

Sorry no Ventrillo this time :P

Yogg-Saron Video

the DL is 460 megs, so its also on youtube but the quality of coarse is lost.

Gotta say man, that's probably your best video yet. Music's really awesome, and the timing is great! I love how stage one is calm, and then RIGHT as stage 2 starts the beat picks up.

Great stuff dude =)

Brian I've been recording some vids too, got most of Yogg last night. Unfortunately I record at half size so the quality isn't excellent and clearly a healer perspective isn't as interesting as a melee/tanks, but if you wanna make some sorta project I'm totally down for cooperating xD

That being said, if people wanna see the healer perspective I can upload it but it costs me money so let me know if peoplez wanna see it!!

I don't know about doing any editing projects, I'm a complete novice at that sort of thing and don't want to learn the software/get good at editing. I just thought this fight was fun and figured it would make a cool video.

I recorded a few other boss fights, but some were kinda boring from just my perspective hehe.

actually i just looked i have all the bosses but General, Mimeron and Flame Leviathan(who cares), and of coarse last week we had plagueyou tanking so it wasn't from my typical role perspective.

Raven:

That being said, i could supply you with my footage from a fight if you wanted to make a video that cuts between the points of view, i don't mind at all matching your resolution, record settings and frame rate for a boss fight to make POV cuts seamless. or sending you pre encoded source video at your specifications.

as far as last weeks recordings, the sources have all been deleted, i think a 10 minute fight was about 24gigs uncompressed iirc, so all you'd have to work with on my end is compressed/resized to 720p

Ghost:

I don't know your system specs, but with Newest version of fraps, any core2 cpu and at least 8800gts+ or equal ATI should be good enough, the only bottleneck would be the Hard drive thrashing from fragmentation i would think. when you start recording in fraps it limits your in game frame rate with the frame rate you chose to record the video at (which kinda makes it harder to play) what specifically happens when you try and record something now?

I'm assuming we're all using fraps here.

I have the cookie cutter computer that Kimball has built for most of HQ. I don't know the specifics but I know quad core, nVidia 260 video card, velociraptor HD. Don't what's wrong with mine but when I turn on fraps, even with the video settings on the lowest settings, it still drops to like 8 FPS.

It's also been known to crash the computer and kill my internet connection when we are in Ulduar but that might be totally unrelated.

It's a mystery.

Edited by Daghostmaker

Yeah generally my fraps works flawlessly, except for about 5 seconds every now and then when the frame rate drops to around 12-15 while recording in 30fps. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with spell detail, as one of the guaranteed times this happens is when Vezax is casting his shiki-fails fire thing.

I think it would be pretty fun to make a project Brian; the only limiting factor is how much I can download and upload, bandwidth costs me 2c/MB so I gotta be careful =(

oh wow, that would be a problem :(

even compressed the files are large. I'd say we could just try the quickest fight, maybe thats razor scale, but with such a collaberated effort...might as well make it the most interesting fight. i don't know, oh xt deconstructor hard mode might be fun, potential void bombs on anybody, and dps running about killing light thingies, all while we dps boss down before enrage. plus its a hard mode which kinda makes it "worth" recording.

we'll see, talking is getting me more interested, but again it costs you money, and if it would be you sending me footage, well i can't promise good editing or anything like that, i mean i've just been pushing record and matching it with music i like.

There's ways I can get around big uploads and downloads if I tried... I could use the connection in University paired with a 16GB flash drive XD

I guess the biggest redeeming factor about having my perspective is that that you can see everyone in the raid and what they're doing... you can even see every time Shiki screws up.. makes it pretty interesting to watch multiple times while watching a different person each time and checking out how they move around and stuff.

I guess XT hard would be a cool one to do, since there will be a lot of moving and avoiding various shenanigans. Hopefully we'll try and get that this week xD

Mimiron would also be another good one, but the average length of an attempt is like 12 mins soooo I'd have to download/upload that somewhere else fo sho..

Either way, we'll talk about it in about 11 hours =)

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]