Dez's quasi-yearly update on life

Valdez

So, I got bored the other day and started browsing the forums, thinking back to the good ol' days when we'd sit in MC and wipe on trash. I figured that I should pop on here and give those who care an update on the current status of TehDez.

I'm now a Senior at Michigan State University, still studying Criminal Justice with a specialization in Security Management. I'll be graduating in May, at which time I will begin the frantic search for a job (should be fun in Michigan). I've got 18 credits right now (10 credit internship, 8 credits from actual classes) so I'm a bit busy, it's easy to say I'm looking forward to graduation.

To tie in with the degree and specialization, I'm now an intern! I'm working 30 hours a week at Emergent BioSolutions. They're currently the only company that has a contract with the US Government to manufacture the Anthrax Vaccine. They do a bunch of other crazy biomedical stuff that I don't quite understand, but it's a pretty cool place. I'm an intern in the Protective Services division, so I hang out with the security officers (Not like rent-a-cop stuff, like officers who carry glocks and AR-15's and walk around) when they patrol the campus, monitor the security console/cameras, work with the bomb-sniffing dogs at the gate to campus, stuff like that. I'm getting some great experience there and will definitely be looking towards putting in an application when the internship is finished in December.

I'm also still working as a Parking Enforcement Supervisor at Michigan State, I get joy from ruining other people's days. My hobbies at that job include towing vehicles that are habitual (6 or more unpaid citations) or nailing the bastards that illegally use Handicap Placards (it's so much fun). Since I'm employed by the police department on campus I'll have some awesome references and it should also look quite good on the resume.

The girlfriend and I are still doing amazing, she's spent 2 years and 6 months putting up with me IRL, no easy task whatsoever. We're looking at getting a place together after graduation, she's going to be finished in May as well. She's graduating with a degree in Advertising, specializing in both the creative and management aspects of the degree. Hopefully she'll get rich and be my sugar momma, then I won't have to work.

I miss ya'll, as much as I want to come back to the game I just know it won't be the same. The few half-hearted attempts I have made to return just lead to disappointment, I'll never have as much fun with the game as I did pre-BC with the old crew. I hope everyone is doing fantastic with their lives, both in game and IRL. Keep in touch with me if you'd like, I pop on here now and then to silently observe what's going on. You can find me on Facebook, probably easiest to search me by e-mail (ritterj4@msu.edu).

Below is a picture of me dancing to Thriller at a recent wedding. I still maintain my awesome singing skills, I've incorporated dance into the mix as you can see.

Dez_Thriller.jpg

Alright. I've written enough of a novel so far.

Until next time.

-Valdez

It's always great to read about the real lives that go on behind the curtain of WoW. I'm sure it helps remind all of us that after 5 years of playing the same game, it's not really the game that keeps us playing but the people and relationships we forge because of it.

-Toby

I'm also still working as a Parking Enforcement Supervisor at Michigan State, I get joy from ruining other people's days. My hobbies at that job include towing vehicles that are habitual (6 or more unpaid citations) or nailing the bastards that illegally use Handicap Placards (it's so much fun). Since I'm employed by the police department on campus I'll have some awesome references and it should also look quite good on the resume.

-Valdez

I think NWA said it best. As usual don't click on my links at work:

I think NWA said it best. As usual don't click on my links at work:

What could the North West Archivists have to say that's Not Safe For Work (NSFW)?

Very interesrting story buddy Iam happy to hear about you. I think you are doing well. Good luck with your carreer and personnal life. How about you and your girlfriend start a business together with her in charge of sales marketing and you in charge of operations?

Anyhow take care it was nice reading about you.

Dez!!!

Where you at man!? I'm finally up here in East Lansing!

I'm in Butterfield(Brody Complex) with all the other freshmen!

• 2 weeks later...

OMGITSADEZTHISONETIMEIPLAYEDAGAMEWITHIMANDITWASSUPERAWESOMELOVERYEE

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]