Digital Cameras

Noreaster

Any thoughts on the Fujifilm FinePix S150 or others? Figure there's gotta be a few camera nerds on here!

It's just an okay camera, I guess if you're looking to not spend too much then get it, but remember that you'll be getting what you pay for. It's decent at best. If I was going to get a new camera I'd get the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20.

Soma,

I have the lil brother to that Fuji camera you have up there. Mine is the Fuji S700 and I have to say it has been a great camera for what we use it for. Just your basic pics of the baby with the occasional long zoom for shooting her up close while she is out playing. Mine is only a 7MP and only has a 10x zoom but I have yet to see it shoot a bad picture unless it is the operators fault. All in all I would say if you aren't looking to spend a lot you definitely will get your moneys worth out of that camera. We have had ours for about 2 years now and I don't see us upgrading anytime soon. Hope that helps you. S

http://www.dpreview.com/

Great source for camera reviews. They don't have the S150 listed though, not even under discontinued models, which is odd.

This.

I used to work at a camera store and this is how we would learn about new cameras and strengths/weaknesses of each model. I'm out of the loop on cameras now, but in general the higher end models like the S700 were good, and the lower priced models were ok. The build quality has ramped up in the last few years with Fuji, but they are pretty reliable. Sony is good too, you just pay a bit more than you would for another model. The only thing I hated about Sony were the warranties. They have to get sent back to Sony most of the time and it takes forever if something goes wrong.

Walmart Camera Dept taught me a few things too... Didn't rem till Shad reminded me of this too.....

A customer of mine bought a Sony Camera a few years back. Came back in 2 days later to return it. Evidently there was no memory card in the box for his new Sony Camera (few years ago rem....) So we look in the box and on the box to make sure one was included. There was one listed in the contents of the package. So we get on the phone with Sony Cust Serv. After being passed through to 5-10 different ppl. I finally get one on the phone that is trying to tell me that a Memory card "does not" come with this camera. I proceed to read off the contents list (with a memory card listed) to which I am once again told that a memory card "does not" come with this camera. So after arguing with this guy for about an hour we finally go and get them a new camera and open it with the guy on the phone and low and behold there is a card in THIS camera. We tell the rep and he for the third time tells me that a card "does not" come with this camera. When I asked him about the one that I just opened and it having a car in it, he just once again tells me that a card "does not" come with this camera. After me and my Manager called him an idiot and got his Name and ID number to report him we hang up and make sure that we fixed the customer's problem. Needless to say he didn't buy another Sony Camera again.

Sorry about the rant on Sony's Cust Serv. this is just one of the many bad times I have had with their Cust Serv as a Sales Rep that sold their products.

On the bright side as a consumer of Sony Products I luckily have not had this problem with any of their products that I have purchased. But I am sure that I just got lucky.

S

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]