Interesting Idea if they can pull it off.

Shean

I'm curious what their asking price point will be... With that keyboard alone I know its going to be expensive as hell... Reminds me of the Optimus keyboard they were talking about a few years back... LCDs in the keys so you could use any image for any key... the reason it never really saw the light of day is that they wanted $1200 for it.... For just a KEYBOARD!!! Here's to hoping that the cost of technology has come down sufficiently that its not just some outrageously priced toy...

IMHO, for essentially a gaming netbook if they ask over $699 for it, they're done before they even begin..

I actually saw this yesterday at the Razer booth here at CES. You guys may want to look at the actual size of it, its quite small. Like, below netbook small. It really looked like a gameboy DS with an extra keyboard added in my opinion. I like the concept idea of it, but I just don't see it being very popular what with how much it reminds me of a gameboy

I'm curious what their asking price point will be... With that keyboard alone I know its going to be expensive as hell... Reminds me of the Optimus keyboard they were talking about a few years back... LCDs in the keys so you could use any image for any key... the reason it never really saw the light of day is that they wanted $1200 for it.... For just a KEYBOARD!!! Here's to hoping that the cost of technology has come down sufficiently that its not just some outrageously priced toy...

IMHO, for essentially a gaming netbook if they ask over $699 for it, they're done before they even begin..

The difference between this and the Optimus Prime keyboard is that the Switchblade uses a single LCD screen underneath the keys. It's a touch screen, so when the key is pressed down it knows which key is pressed. It will probably be expensive, but not as expensive if it were separate LCDs.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]