Time lost Proto drake

stangmeister

If you dont know what it is, its a drake that flies around in Storm peaks. If you kill it, you get it as a mount =DDD

Its one of the new style dragons, so its cool.

Mullytt! DO this first since I know you were camping it.

Here's a hint on how to capture this elusive beast.

First of all, your brood of nozdormu rep must be no lower than neutral status.

Second, you must complete both Hourglass quests from Chromie (the ones you help your future and past self in).

Then you must go to Anachronos in Tanaris, and talk to him about the shift in time somewhere at the bronze dragonshrine.

Lastly, you must take his Time Essence Focuser to that spot, which will allow you to phase shift into a parrallel time-line, where you must complete a tedious quest chain that will allow you to permanantly see creatures stuck in the Time Paradox Realm.

And once you have this "Helm of Second Sight" 2.0, you may then proceed to camp the Time-Lost Proto Drake in storm peaks.

Until you have done all of these things, you will never see the drake, nor kill it. (However having one person in your group with the pre-reqs done find and kill it will allow you to roll on the mount.)

Happy hunting, and good luck!

Nice! There are some other easy ones:

The Bronze Drake drops off heroic CoT Strat as long as you beat it in a certain amount of time. 100% drop rate

Green Proto Drake - Oracles rep, you buy an egg that takes 7 days to hatch and has a rare chance to be a drake mount.

Blue Proto Drake - Drops off Skadi in heroic UP

where you must complete a tedious quest chain that will allow you to permanantly see creatures stuck in the Time Paradox Realm.

And once you have this "Helm of Second Sight" 2.0

First of all, your brood of nozdormu rep must be no lower than neutral status.

This makes my DK sad.

No worries Ed, you don't need to do crap like that or get neutral.

Proof:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6181/0drake112208uc1.jpg

I didn't know there was all that "work" involved. I'll keep looking, but I haven't done that "long and tedious quest chain".

I did just start grinding Oracle rep so I can get that egg every week.

No worries Ed, you don't need to do crap like that or get neutral.

Proof:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6181/0drake112208uc1.jpg

This doesn't prove he didn't need all that crap, that just proves he got the mount. AQ still exists so he could have gotten his rep up beyond neutral which takes no time at all. Also how do you know he's not wearing the helm right now and everything?

There's an item you can get that will zap you to neutral. I think I still have it in my bags.

agent of nozdormu or whatever?

no, you don't need the reputation.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-reputat...on&n=Vormav

^^

that's the proof.

same horde orc, in the same guild--unless by some coincidence there is another horde orc death knight in a guild beginning with the letter P.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32491#comments

doesn't seem like there's any pre-requisites at all.. just a lot of time on your hands.

edit:

tica's idea?

1) get either a bird dipper or auto-clicker

2) sit by his spawn point with a target macro with said objects until he comes up!

3) ????

4) success!

Edited by Letica

gather round FP...I will tell you the legend of the the time lost Proto Drake! He flies and he walks, he swims and he talks! Where does he spawn? NO BODY KNOWS!

/smoke machine

/exit

seriously, my friend's uncle's sister's friend who plays on a UK horde server told me that he definitely spawns if you don't turn on your monitor while playing that game. Apparently you have to hunt him by sonar since he only spawns when the monitor is off. Crank up your sound, turn off your monitor and good hunting!

Listen there is clearly a Time-Lost Proto Elephant in the room we're not discussing

• 1 month later...

I've done the Chromie quests and have no idea what the next step is. I hit Tanaris to talk to the dragon and he's got nothin for me. I'm guessing theres something else in between.

I've done the Chromie quests and have no idea what the next step is. I hit Tanaris to talk to the dragon and he's got nothin for me. I'm guessing theres something else in between.

The "tedious quest chain" we're talking about isn't the one where you help your past/future self fight some infinite guys at the bronze dragonshrine ("I have to go - Get some new gear, OK?") - Or is it? I've done those quests a couple of times, and don't recall any "helm of second sight 2.0"... Unless I snap vendored it? :P

Thank you for the bump, Gynis! :-) I'm gonna see if I can start the quests to get this. :-)

You don't need to do any specific old quest chains to be able to see it. At the very most you'd need to finish up storm peaks for phased areas, but i also highly doubt that. The only way to really do it is to sit at your computer and camp it almost 24/7 and hope you can get it. The drake itself is a rare spawn of a rare spawn, so chances are incredibly slim.

ohhhhh! So I don't have to start those chains? Sweet! Because in order to get neutral with that one faction, you have to do AQ dealies, and I couldn't even get in yesterday. I'll have to see if I can find that dirty bird flyin' around! hee-hee :-)

Thanks for the tippies! :-)

Oye. . . . looks like I have a better chance of getting the 100 Mount Reward than I do of getting that drake. . . Well, still gonna try! heehee, and I'm at 60 mounts right now, so I'm on my way to 100! :-)

The spawn time is random from 6 hours to 2 days I believe :)

It hasen't spawned in a week. I have a script to tell me if somebody has looted it in the last little while.

Also, I'm camped the spawn for 7 hours before when the TLPD or Vyragosa were planning to spawn and found nothing.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]