25 Man Raids Restarting

Shikimaru

Hey guys Shiki here, your friendly neighborhood furbolg. Just wanted to let everyone know that after a bit of talking and planing we're looking into doing 25man runs in tandem with other guilds. We did a test run last Tuesday night and it went rather well. We had about 15 FPer's representing and a few pugs and quite a few people from Venture Brothers. All in all it was a lot of fun and we managed to kill a boss and get some loot. At the moment FP isn't large enough to do 25mans on its own, but there are still a lot of people interested in 25mans. So here's the deal...

Keyknight (krotas), Myrevenge and Myself are going to be spearheading this operation. There are a few things we're looking for:

Members:

First off we're looking for other guilds our size interested in 25mans. If you know of any get in touch with them. If you have friends in dead-end guilds that have the gear and want to do 25mans. Let them know! The more people we get interested in this, the easier time we have filling up the raids and killing bosses.

People:

First and foremost, we want dedicated people. We're looking for players who genuinely want to raid and want to learn and see new content. Don't come because you feel like you need to, and don't come expecting 24 other people to carry you along. We want to do this right and to do that we need good solid raiders. Not asking you to be hardcore about it, just want some lvl of commitment and pride in the fact that you want to help and make this work.

Gear: If any of you are unaware, Ulduar is not a cake walk. We're not going to be Nazi's about letting people in because of gear, but if you roll up in all pvp gear, or full blues we will probably ask you to step out. If your unsure of your gear, we will also be running 25man Naxx's during the weekend for people interested in those last few upgrades to polish off your gear.

An Open Mind:

This is not a sanctioned FP raid. There will be new voices on vent. There will be new people outside the guild in the raid. We will also not have any of the raid leaders you FP people are familiar with. But we are going to keep the spirit of FP raiding. If you find yourself lonely and miss the gentle caress of Stang's touch send me a tell and I'll give you a /fondle or whatever you need.

So, to all current FP members our next raid (Tues 5/5/09) is up on the Raid Signup Page.

To all the non FP members welcome, plz feel free to sign up to our forums and you will probably have to sign up on the Raid Signup Page. When you do plz use the name of the character you are going to raid with to make it easier on us as we adjust the sign ups. As for sign-up rules, we normally work on a first come first serve basis, and do invites 30 minutes before the raid starts (7:00 pm server time). If we are not full on a certain class/role we will start recruiting from overflow 15 minutes later (7:15 pm server time). And if all goes well the raid should start on time at 7:30.

If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to get in touch with Keyknight(Krotas) Myrevenge or Shikimaru in game or in this post.

I'll try and update this with more information as needed.

One thought I had - If we are able to put something together with other guilds who don't do Uld25 at all, then Tues-Wed is great. But if we are hoping to swell our ranks with "PuGs" from big guilds who do have a guild group in progression, we'd have better luck scheduling later in the week when say one of the MTs from LiB missed their run and knows he isn't needed by his own guild.

Of course, for the FP folks Tues/Wed is our comfort zone, so that's important too. Just a thought!

YAY SHIKI SAVES THE DAY

I organize the first raid and Shiki saves the day? xD

lol j/king!

But anywho like shiki said guys it won't be quite the same as what FP raiders are used to, but we are trying to keep the FP raiding spirit alive =)

Come on out and show your support! <3

i would have sat around and grumbled and did nothing till Key started up that raid the other night so Yay for Krotas saving the day.... feel kinda weird saything that...

Oh and FatherP it would be really bad@$$ if we could get some players from other guilds running 25s already to help us out, but like you said Tues/Wed is our comfort zone. But we are just starting this up and who knows where this scheduling could go

Just wanted to mention for those new to the sign up page either FP or out of guild ( I belive the sign ups are public now) If youhave any questions on how to get started feel free to message one of the above mentioned and we can help you with that. Basically after you have made a fp forum account you have to set another user/log on for the raid signs ups. If you have never used it it can be confusing :)

hahahaha tom!

...oh wait, i mean good luck! (i didnt really read your post i just hit reply and started typing hahaha)

hahahaha tom!

...oh wait, i mean good luck! (i didnt really read your post i just hit reply and started typing hahaha)

i love you ben <3

I hope this starts working out. There quite a few guilds with washed up has been raid leaders with young vibarant members still looking to raid. I'm excited to see this continue.

I hope this starts working out. There quite a few guilds with washed up has been raid leaders with young vibarant members still looking to raid. I'm excited to see this continue.

As am I. Let's do it D'ville style, Tom. 8)

I'm sure it'll be different -- anytime there's a change in hands one can expect different leadership styles, etc... to emerge -- but is there anything, specifically, that you guys intend to do differently?

I think FP is mature enough to handle different leadership, accept changes in raid dynamic and roll with the punches. Afterall, FP is and always has been about the people, and that's what not only makes our raids THE most fun, but also what makes our guild.

<3 you guys, and thanks to Matt, Mike, EJ, Tommy, Trigs, Shad and everyone else that laid that foundation for us.

See you in Ulduar!

GL guys! Hope your runs are full of win. I wouldn't mind tanking some stuff or DPSing the face of 25mans with you if im not raiding with pwny

wow tom that was excellent grammar! i'm so proud of you!!! /tear

As am I. Let's do it D'ville style, Tom. 8)

I'm sure it'll be different -- anytime there's a change in hands one can expect different leadership styles, etc... to emerge -- but is there anything, specifically, that you guys intend to do differently?

Well I haven't discussed this with the others yet, but I was always a bit annoyed by the way FP loot worked (ie. everyone saved their RTU and only rolled RTE unless it was on saph or KT, and because of this you had DPS winning tank loot and tanks winning dps loot when the main spec rollers actually needed it). But at the same time, because uld is so new and no one expects to see the last boss in a single run, people seem to be much more eager to use up their RTU's right away, so it may not be an issue at all.

But again, this is just me thinking out loud =)

Honestly, I'd recommend Beckbristow and some of his Pwnys. Beck is an awesome raider and from what I've seen from the Pwnys in some of my 25-man Naxx runs is that they are great players and have great attitudes.

Yeah Gala i spoke to Beck last night about it. As well as a few other people regarding the raids. So far there is plenty of interest. Will you and oceania be joining as well?? Don't see you signed up yet :P

Its really great everyone is suggesting people to join this. right now word of mouth is the best thing we have :) Well other then all the Leet Fp members of course. so if anyone knows people who would be interested in joining us be sure to let us know.

Edited by Myrevenge

Well I haven't discussed this with the others yet, but I was always a bit annoyed by the way FP loot worked (ie. everyone saved their RTU and only rolled RTE unless it was on saph or KT, and because of this you had DPS winning tank loot and tanks winning dps loot when the main spec rollers actually needed it). But at the same time, because uld is so new and no one expects to see the last boss in a single run, people seem to be much more eager to use up their RTU's right away, so it may not be an issue at all.

But again, this is just me thinking out loud =)

I think FP raid rules were great, and I'll accept the 100g per RTE, payable to Fatherpeteus inc! ;)

Or if we aren't going to do that we'll need something different, so imo just do RTU mainspec and priority goes to the person(s) with the fewest previous RTU wins, followed by open RTE if nobody used RTU, followed by shard it and roll for the shards.

I was in a pug once that had a cool system

1 RTU each boss 1 RTU tier piece (per wing we were in naxx) and each win would give you a point highest roll and lowest points wins the loot. Offspec rolls were FFA and no points were added.

Kind of like a raid by raid dkp system I thought it worked really well, seemed like a really fair system. I'm not suggesting you all do this I'm just adding to the conversation.

Edited by Kimick

I think the only fair loot distribution system is the one in which I can rotate all my alts through the bosses for specific loot drops, and roll against everyone even though I'm in greens and do less dps/healing than the tank/retpally.

I thought the Naxx loot rules worked pretty well, too.

In fairness, these rules really only applied to Naxx (where one night would see a full clear), as FPP existed before that. That said, since this will be a progressive raid instance, it may be ideal to tweak the system just a little, as Father suggested.

RTU (main spec) - Highest roll w/ fewest RTUs.

RTE - ("unofficial" FP raid, but gbank contributions?)

Shard - Highest roll (limit, or common courtesy - i.e., if you've won a shard, let others roll?)

Also, we should decide at what point to reset RTUs (reset each week, or each *wing (or however Ulduar is divided), etc... ), and if we'll have anyone track RTUs for the raid.

My two cents!

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]