Lost my job.

Aigle

Hey guys, Aigle is now unemployed. I have lost my job last friday not because of a bad performance but because the business was going wrong and they decided to do a restructuring.

I do not say that so that you get sad for me or try to encourage me but I may need help from beacause of your possible contacts.

I will be looking for a new job as a plant manager or VP Operations in the manufacturing world. I graduated as an engineer and I have been plant manager in medium to big companies for the last ten years. You may say wow Aigle is old and it is true I am 50 years young.

So maybe you know people well positionned at comanies like Kraft Foods, Coca-Cola, Molson Coors, Pratt and Whitney ect.

In a near future I will post a list of companies where I would ne interested to work and maybe you are the president of that company or you know someone. Well I know you understand the idea. I will not move, I intend to work in the Montreal area but headquarteres of those companies are often located in US or Ontario.

I thank you in advance for your help. If there is nothing you can do because you have no contacts whatsoever I will accept gold transferred to waraigle...jk :miner:

• 2 weeks later...

I know some people in JP Morgan Chase, I don't know if they have anything in Montreal tho, I doubt it. :(

GL man. not the best time to be out of work. i wish i could help , but that might require favors, kthx ;) lol

STANG!!! that sig is awesome! where'd you get it?? i've been trying to get a B.A. sig forever QQQQQQQQQ

yeah, lol sry.. Dane Cook.. he calls b@d @$$ things " B A "

I thought that might be an old sig.. looks like you're sporting Devout..

Edited by Killerpriest

I feel for you Aigle!

You are on the right track with networking - Finding a new professional job right now is unfortunately incredibly hard. So many people with great credentials like you and me are in the job market, employers can take their pick... And they are most likely to pick someone they know, like an internal candidate. But a reference from someone they trust is the next best thing, so talk to everyone you know who works for the kind of company you are interested in.

Three other things - Don't take a break before you seriously start looking, because it's probably going to take a while!

Take advantage of a career consulting professional to fine-tune your resume and get ideas, especially if the service is offered as part of your severance.

Don't wait for the perfect job, because you could be waiting forever. Look for jobs that are similar to what you were doing 10 years ago. Your experience isn't going to go away, and once they get to know you it should be possible to rise quickly in a large organization.

Best of luck to both of us, since I'm in a similar situation (currently making tires at Goodyear just to have a job, for about 1/3 the salary I commanded a couple of years ago.)

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]