website creation help plz!

Bangudray

wondering if anyone can help me get on the right track to designing a website/forum just kind of tell me what direction to head etc any help would be appreciated

-Bang

Edited by Bangudray

Bang, it depends on what type of site you're trying to put together... if what you want is just a forum and not much else, I'd recommend trying out squarespace.com

If you're just looking to get something up and running, they have a lot of templates on there that should fit whatever you're trying to put together....

If you want to actually design and code the site itself, well then, thats a different story all together.... LoL

If you really want to "get into" web development, id recommend looking at php and learning basic html. Can't go wrong with that

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what kind of website you are looking to create. If you want a blog, you could try checking out WordPress and choosing a theme that looks nice. If you really want to get into making the site yourself you will need to learn HTML & CSS predominantly. Then maybe learn a little javascript (check out the JQuery library) and PHP (integrating a content management system into your site) to spice things up. This site is a great place to learn, great tutorials.

Edited by distaste

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]