whats doing in cata??

Killerpriest

So since it's dropped, I've been too busy to stay on for longer than "/g OMG! this is so cool yay! :banana: " before i have to log off and go to sleep... :(

Whats everyones fav thing so far?? landscapes? guild levelling.. new quests.... im a lil bummed that i didnt get to kill arthas before cata came out.. but whatever!!

whats cool stuff to check out when i actually get to play?

I've not tried the new content yet due to a lack of playtime this week, but over the last couple of weeks I've been reliving the revamped 1-60 content which is awesome. For those that wish to do the same I shall share but a single word, "REDRIDGE!".

Other than that, I've been trying my hand at Archaeology, and trying to bloaster the guild achievement to kill 50,000 critters. We're 1,000 in so far.

For those that wish to do the same I shall share but a single word, "REDRIDGE!".

It cannot be understated, everyone needs to complete Redridge.

I've enjoyed the new high lvl stuff so far, though I've only done some of Hyjal. The Worgen are cool, and I hear goblins are awesome. It's been fun to lvl my worgen , the starting zone was fun ( better than old, though not as good as the DK's). I'm currently going through Darkshore and checking out those changes, which I've liked. There loads of new quests, and lvling is easy, I haven't played much and my worgen is 22 already.

I was able to swim around water world for about a half hour last night.. was actually pretty cool. not a pain in the butt. Although i can see for some people who arent as nimble with the controls it may still be a pain. and as a druid in walrus form, the sea legs buff make me swim like a friggin rocket. its amazing lol

very cool area. other than that i flew around gilneas a bit, and coldridge valley. its sooo crazy to see all the old lands from the air. even tho its changed, it still brings back a good sense of nostalgia. really cool.

that's all i got so far, other than i sold stacks of the new leather for 200g each. and stacks of scraps for 50g wewt. all from harvesting people killing those underwater serpents. it was sweet. prosper on other people's efforts. i love the usa. lol

all from harvesting people killing those underwater serpents. it was sweet. prosper on other people's efforts. i love the usa. lol

Haha yes. Those and the crabs. I'm almost maxed out on skinning already.

Although I'm not sure how one skins a crab...

Edited by ImprezaFreak

I think whats bothering me the most about Cata so far, is the fact that the greens aren't close to the epics that I'm wearing, they are leaps and bounds ahead of my gear. Even with gems and enchants, the greens are blowing my stuff out of the water. I know I'm wearing Naxx /heroic gear, but this is still bothering me. What's getting me the most though, is seeing DPS characters running around with 5-8k more HP than I have. I'm specced prot, in tank gear, with a heavy focus on STA, yet I'm seeing rogues and mages with almost 50khp running around and they aren't even 85 yet.

You old skool Fp's remember Fetchism I'm sure, Laura and I came across him last night, he's now a 85 rogue goblin ( Who had 90k HP btw), so hit him up sometime if you want to say hi.

Seriously!! I dunno if they are actually trying to make this loony tunes, but yeah.. my mage friend who has been running heroics for the past few days says he has close to 100k fully buffed....... ...... .......

seriously? I mean what game mechanic can that actually be useful for..

Back when BC hit, and then WOTLK,... I kept epics for a few days to weeks even. Cata, it's not even close. with lvl 264 gear that has the best chants/gems etc, you are getting iLvl 274 or 280 greens that are either a toss-up or clearly better. the only saving grace is that a lot of that iLvl is going to towards the retarded amounts of stamina. so i did keep some epics for a while (eg. not replaced immediately), but it was because of the gems/chants or spellthread.

my only realm bone to pick is they were touting how each level is going to be so significant, and will feel like a sense of accomplishment. I blazed through 80-82 pretty quickly. I did half of 80 just finishing a quest line in northrend.... so yeah, im disappointed they didnt reaaaallly make it take longer to level. maybe it was because i was enjoying the questing so much, but i just shook my head when i saw 85's running around 2 days after. I know after 5 years we're pretty epic and beasts at questing. but really? no ones reading quests anymore, just spam clicking accept and complete and running around to quest helper icons. *yawn* I miss the vanilla experience.

and on that note, i really love how they've made the quests and progression through the zones, at least Vash'jir (sp?) really interesting and immersive. I've really felt that sense of progression as I complete quest legs and the actual environment around you changes, and you get small cut-scenes as you do things. like clearing out the naga in big turtle guy.. that was cool. so yeah, thus far im liking the game experience.

anyone working on archaeology? whats that like, i havent touched it yet

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]